cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF642C/643C/644C : AirPrint support

tlex
Contributor

I do have AirPrint enabled in the printer settings and that works great from any IOS and Mac devices but, if the printer is in sleep mode it wont show up in the list of devices to print from on IOS until somebody close to the printer will wake it up... Thats a bit annoying so I was wondering if there was any workaround for that ?I was looking at disabling the sleep mode completely but that is not an option in the config menu. Printer is connected via ethernet (not wifi).

If there is a way to keep sleep mode disabled remotely, I could setup a cron job that would send something to keep it alive if that's an option ?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Tlex,

If you are having problems with the printer being detected while in sleep mode, you can try setting a static ip address to the printer to see if that resolves your issue. You can set a static IP address for the printer using the steps in the link found HERE. If you continue to have the same issue after setting a static IP address, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements