cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF634CDW Not Waking from Sleep when print job is sent

itguy
Contributor

I recently purchased a MF634CDW direct from Canon for my home office.  I set it up and seemed like all was OK, but my wife reported that the machine had an error message.  I power cycled and then it seemed fine, but I now realize that whenever the device goes into sleep mode, and you send a print job, it displays an error message and you have to power cycle to get it to function again.  

I am not using the wireless functionality and am using the wired network.  Other then turning off the sleep mode altogether and accepting that this device has flaws, I don't have another option.  I downloaded and installed the latest firmware but it did not fix the issue.

78 REPLIES 78

Man..

the fact that you read through this entire thread, didnt talk to your engineering team .... ugh.

Piss poor response.

Only if there were other printing options - ... wwait ... guess what - there are!

msgtjk
Contributor
Thank you I will try it!!!

Hello Patrice,   More than 4 consumers have asked the same question, have the same issue or want the same revolve....

It is serious that you speak with someone in your software engineering department.   I know in my situation the problem of the printer not waking up when a new job is sent, started with an update sent to my machine July 26, 2019.

Please do not tell me to call 1-800-OK-CANON..... if I wanted to sit on the phone and chat with a stranger, I would have done that already.   PLEASE find an answer to ALL of our questions in the thread.

NanaPatti

Albuquerque NM 87108

I had a solution for people to try I posted a month or so ago from tech support.  I believe it was this forum thread and it looks like it was taken down.  Either way, I don't think it did anything though.  I still had to reboot the printer one time so far.  Sat for another week or two and was able to print to it, so not sure.

msgtjk
Contributor
We all have the same issue basically. Now what?

msgtjk
Contributor
Cashxx, I did take a screenshot of that and will try it.

msgtjk
Contributor
I got ya. Thank you

damercer
Contributor

As part of my workaround I went into my router and set up the printer on a static IP. Since doing that I no longer seem to need my workaround. Could it be that the router has reassigned the DHCP IP address of the printer but my PC's don't know about it? This won't help people using a USB cable, but wireless and ethernet users might want to try it.

"As part of my workaround I went into my router and set up the printer on a static IP. Since doing that I no longer seem to need my workaround. Could it be that the router has reassigned the DHCP IP address of the printer but my PC's don't know about it? This won't help people using a USB cable, but wireless and ethernet users might want to try it."

I have always had a static IP on mine.  Still had problems.  I was using Airplay and tried LPD as I'm on a Mac and still had issues.  

I am now using IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) and did the fix I mentioned earlier by using the hidden buttons, if it is still posted, and so far I haven't had any problems.  I had one hicup and hoping that was it. But I have my doubts.

I know how to get into the service menu with the hidden buttons, but what do we need to change to keep the printer from sleeping?

Announcements