cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2320 multifunction printer ink indicator "?"

cruisindavid
Apprentice

The indicator for ink on the printer panel shows a "?" (question mark) by the yellow cartridge.  I printed a test pattern and the yellow is very weak, so it probably needs to be replaced.  When I open the front door to the cartridges, they remain off to the side and won't move to the center so the cartridge can be removed.  I've tried turning the unit off and unplugging it from AC power and powering it up again but that didn't help.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  

3 REPLIES 3

sa112263
Apprentice

My mb2320 is doing the same thing only mine is the cyan instead of the yellow!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cruisindavid,

If the ink level appears with a ?, it will mean there is a problem with the printer detecting the ink level. This can happen if the ink tank is not seated properly or is malfunctioning. You can try checking on the inside left to see if the yellow cartridge is leaking or is out of place. If the ink tank appears to be seated properly, it will mean there is something wrong with the yellow tank. You can try performing cleanings or deep cleanings to see if the yellow ink starts to flow properly or if the level drops to the point that it is read as low so you can change the ink tank.

Thanks for the reply.  I tried cleaning and deep cleaning multiple times, with no luck.  After posting this but not getting a prompt reply, I paid $19.99 for Canon phone support.  (They actually double-charged my credit card and I need to get that fixed.)  They had me do hard reboots and a couple of other things.  Nothing worked.  So that was a waste of money.  However, I noticed when I unplugged the power cord that the ink trays moved right to left briefly and them back to the home position.  So I tricked them into staying in the middle by pulling the plug before the tray went back to the far right to "hide".  I was able to remove the questionable cartridge and replace it with another one.  Unfortunately, that didn't help either.  I'm waiting for more ink cartridges to arrive and will try another one.  Very frustrating.  Only good news is I can still print with black, but colors are not looking good.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements