cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing D530 drivers on mac pro OS X 10.8.2

Dellzcanon
Apprentice

I have tried repeatedly to get my mac pro to recognize the scan gear and MF printer drivers & utilities and have not ben successful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Dellzcanon.

Since you are experiencing issues with both scanning and printing, it indicates that there may be a communication issue between the printer and the computer.  Here are a few items to check:

1. Verify that the printer is on and that the USB cable is plugged firmly into the back of the printer.
  2. If there are any devices, such as a USB hub, connected between the printer and the computer, please remove the printer and connect it directly to the computer.
  3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and select [About This Mac] > [More Info] > [System Report] > [USB].  Verify that the printer is listed in the USB devices.  If it is not, please move the USB cable to a different port on the computer.  If it still doesn't appear, change the USB cable.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, after performing the steps above, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Dellzcanon.

Since you are experiencing issues with both scanning and printing, it indicates that there may be a communication issue between the printer and the computer.  Here are a few items to check:

1. Verify that the printer is on and that the USB cable is plugged firmly into the back of the printer.
  2. If there are any devices, such as a USB hub, connected between the printer and the computer, please remove the printer and connect it directly to the computer.
  3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and select [About This Mac] > [More Info] > [System Report] > [USB].  Verify that the printer is listed in the USB devices.  If it is not, please move the USB cable to a different port on the computer.  If it still doesn't appear, change the USB cable.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, after performing the steps above, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i did all and still no response from mac and another pc

finally tecnichal service from 1800 canon advise that i drop brand new canon d530 to service center at queen blvd queens new  york

i just bought it from newegg last week and service ask me receipt i dont have one then she said come back with receipt actullay 1800 tecnichan find out from serial

any way its 99$ printer and drive for it 1 hour now if they fix another 1 hour to pick up

in new york city its cost more then 99$ some thing is wrong with usb on this printer i guess

i coulndt return it because throw the box (you cant keep a large box in 1 bedroom new york city)

finally when i was try to buy some 20$ cheapper

now its cost me more and more

unhappy consumer

@Patrice wrote:

Hi Dellzcanon.

flagsland
Apprentice

Jusy got a new D530, not able to get a good file link for installing the drive on mac pro. any help? thanks

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements