cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image class MF733cdw thin color vertical lines on left side

rebeccal
Apprentice

canon.jpgAfter trying all of the maintenance steps including cleaning and jiggling each cartridge I am still getting thin lines of ink on the left side of the paper. When I print in black, the lines are fainter. The lines start about 1/4 inch from the left side of the paper.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rebeccat,

From the image that you sent, it looks like the fixing assembly or the image transfer belt needs to be cleaned. If you have already tried those steps, I would suggest trying them both at least two more times to see if the lines completely disappear or if they become even more faint. You can clean the ITB using the steps in the link provided HERE and you can clean the fixing assembly using the steps in the link HERE.

If the prints still have lines on the side, it looks like the printer would need service. You can use the link provided HERE to access your My Canon account to check what service options you have available or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 for help over the phones.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements