cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scan multiple documents into multiple email files?

Pestomania
Apprentice
Hi all,

I am trying to scan multiple dovument bundles into individual files. Say I have 6 bundles, each have a different number of pages. I want to scan the 1st bundle, the printer pause, scan 2nd bundle, and so on. When the scan is emailed to me it would come as 6 bundles.

Related is scanning each sheet individually but I'm wanting to scan each document without having to select scan over and over.
4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello, Pestomania!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Pestomania
Apprentice
Yes. Meant to do that. Thank you.

It is a C5045 office printer. I am scanning to a Windows 7 Vista bia Ethernet network.

We also have a C5035 available.

Thanks for the additional information. While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

@Pestomania,

Greetings,

Generally speaking:

Only one scan job at a time is supported.

Multiple attachments "Bundling" is not supported via scanning, but you might be able to attach using a USB stick if supported

You cannot "stack" jobs. 

Bottom line.  What you are hoping to do is not supported.  This is not a "deficiency" in the product.  Most if not all printers do not support this functionality.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements