Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

How do i stop my MF731CDW from defaulting to duplex printing

Everytime i print, i have to change the option to print just one sided and monochrome. 

Product Expert

Re: How do i stop my MF731CDW from defaulting to duplex printing

Hi colemacj.

If you are using a Mac computer, it is recommended that you save the 1-sided option as a Preset. Please set the options for 1-sided and monochrome, and then follow the steps below to create the preset:

1.  Click the "Presets" drop-down arrow and click "Save current setting as preset."

2.  Name it "1-sided" or "Single-Sided" and verify that the imageCLASS MF731Cdw is the only printer selected.

3.  Click "OK".

4.  Print the document.

If you are using a Windows computer, please open Control Panel > Devices and Printers. Next, right-click on the MF730 Series and select Printing Preferences. Set the 1-sided/2-sided setting for "1-sided", and change Color Mode to "B&W Printing". Next, click OK. The setting should be saved for all programs.  Please note that some programs can override the printer settings.

If you require any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.