cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF624CW Printing Red Shadows

supra97
Apprentice

Hello all, I'm here because I have not been able to find a successful resolution an issue that recently cropped up with my otherwise trouble free colour laser printer. It's an MF624CW, and have had no problems at all with it. It doesn't get heavy use and as such am still on the original colour cartridges. Only the black has been replaced in the past year and have had no print quality issues until recently. 

Suddenly when I print a text based document, the letters are all shadowed with a red colouration that makes the letters look as though they are meant to be viewed with 3D glasses. The effect is a slight blur and it's hard on the eyes to read. I have no clue what could be causing this. My experience with printer alignment issues extends only to inkjets. I am not even sure lasers can be aligned. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3

supra97
Apprentice

I should add that I have just tested using a PC and it prints fine from there. The printer issue occurs only when printing from my Mac via wireless. The PC is connected directly via USB.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi supra97.

It is recommended that you perform a "Print Color Mismatch: correction. Please follow the instructions at the link below to perform the correction:

Correcting "Print Color Mismatch" 

If you experience any more issues, please call us at  1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, I have the exact same issue and when I attempted the color mismatch correction at the end it told me it failed

Announcements