cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off...I

MF6590
Apprentice

I have a MF6590 mutifunction printer.  It had been working fine until last week when I got the error message "Cannot communicate with scanner.." I tried uninstall and reinstall te driver, I tried switching to a different USB port, reboot my PC, turned on/off the printer.. hopped on one foot...nothing worked.  Anyone has any suggestion?

23 REPLIES 23

Uninstall fails because it implies Toolbox is not installed.

Install fails but if any reason given it is gone before I can read it. There doesn't appear to be any difference in behaviour between Safe Mode and normal mode.

> There doesn't appear to be any difference in behaviour between Safe Mode and normal mode.

No difference except to the successfully removed Toolbox Smiley Happy

I had the same problem with Windows 7 64 bits and Canoscan 8400F - french version. I've got the message "Impossible de communiquer avec le scanner. Le câble est peut-être déconnecté..." (I put the sentence in french for search bots).

My solution:

I installed last drivers from Canon

I went to system management, checked for installed material - found my Canonscan 8400F installed with no alert message (yellow circle). I right click on it and asked for update to last drivers. And Windows installed "new" drivers that work ! Don't know where they come from but it works for me.

The problem occured again. The preview scan begins and stops. An error message was showing "Cannot communicate with scanner".

It was strange because the scanner works on a another computer. I was asking myself what could block the scan and desactivated Antivir. It seems it did the trick. Everything works correctly now. So you may do the test.

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I have been able to install Toolbox and the scanner works normally.

rejimpogi123
Apprentice

rejimpogi123
Apprentice

Goog Day!!

Printing is ok but Scanning is error,

My Opearating System sir is Windows 7 ROG Rampage(64 Bit) (E3).....

please help me with this problem!

Thanks....

Manojpatel2825
Apprentice

I have operat scaner is canon lide110.wen i have document scane there errors are

"Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off. Chek status.Scaner driver will be closed. code 2,155,175

so plz reply me

Hello Manojpatel2825!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

The first thing you'll want to do is ensure you have the most current software and drivers from Canon USA. You can find the downloads HERE

Once you've verified you have the proper software and drivers installed, if you're still having problems, the next step would be to contact support. Canon USA support can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Canadian support is the same number. Outside of the USA or Canada, you'll want to click HERE and select your country/region for your support options.

We hope this helps!

Having the same issue, but I have a canoscan 8400f attach to a Mac 10.9.5. It has been working all these years and today it just won't connect or communicate. Have turned on and off the scanner. Rebooted the computer and still nothing. Hope anyone can help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements