cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto numbering of photos scanned with MF264dw

graphpro
Apprentice

I just purchased the MF264dw printer and it seems to be a pretty good printer. There is one issue, which is Auto numbering of photos scanned. It does number the photo scanned with: IMG_0001.jpg, then my next scan is the same number, then the 3rd scan is the same number, IMG_0001.jpg. Where it should be IMG_0001.jpg, IMG_0002.jpg, IMG_0003.jpg, etc.

I know my old Brother MF printer did automatic consecutive numbering of all scans to the PC.

How do I set this up to work properly?

I scan a lot of photos, so my time is of great concern if I have to change the number of every single scan.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, graphpro!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which application you're using for scanning. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using the Canon MF Scan Utility that came with the printer. Using Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) on a PC.

What your utility is doing is numbering each scan into a dated folder with consecutive numbers, however creates a new folder with a new date the next day and starts all over again with 0001.

What I would like to see is consecutive numbering on all phottos scanned (or documents) that way I can transfer to another folder of my choosing and each scan will have a unique number.

Thanks

Hello Graphpro,

You can change the save settings for the scanner using the MF scan utility that installs during setup. You will want to go into settings and then uncheck the box to save in a folder with the current date. You can view the setting for the MF scan utility using the link provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements