cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF264dw Scan Utility Not Working

primrose
Apprentice

My MF264dw printer is working just fine, but the Scan Utility is not working. It states: "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again." I have tried pausing my firewall, reinstalling the driver, restarting the computer after downloading drivers, I installed every single possible driver and program on the page. Very frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5

primrose
Apprentice

If it helps, I am on Windows 10. USB connected.

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version). How are you connecting?  Any error messages? Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you

Windows 10, connected by USB. No other error messages. Printer works just fine. 

gregbowers
Apprentice

Hello

Follow below steps-

1. Check Compatibility: Ensure your OS is compatible with the scanner driver and meets requirements.

2. Complete Uninstallation: Uninstall old scanner drivers and software thoroughly.

3. Official Source: Download drivers only from the manufacturer's official website.

4. Disable Security: Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall software.

5. Admin Rights: Install software with administrator privileges.

6. USB Connection: Use a proper USB port and cable for a stable connection.

7. Network Settings: Configure network settings correctly for network-connected printers.

8. Installation Order: Install printer driver before scanner driver.

Also you can take help from https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=home/Power BI Course

Thank you.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Primrose,

The scanner that the MFscan utility uses would install along with the MFDrivers (UFRII LT / Generic Plus PCL6 / Generic FAX / ScanGear) download from our website. If you have already tried installing it while your security software is off, it would mean something else is blocking the install or a service is not working properly. In this situation, you can try setting up the printer using a network connection to see if the drivers install or you can try contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what issues might be coming up during the driver install.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements