cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

Hello!

My 63y. I'm "digi.film" (Flickr, "digi.film" (2007), Flickr, "Randall Ackerman" (2015)). Stroke. Broca's Aphasia 11/12/2010. Wheelchair, electure, Quantum. One leg, one hand, one arm, one shoulder. Right.

New, Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 4/21/2017. EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens (5/9/2017). ALVO Wheelchair Camera Mount.

San Antonio, TX.

SA Zoo. 🙂

Canon5d3markIII

TonyReynes
Apprentice

My name is Tony. I have been a Canon guy since I bought the 10D when it first came out. Since then, I have owned a 7D; a 5D i; 5D ii; 5Diii and currently own the iv. I teach composition; teach Photoshop; lead photo workshop trips and sell B2B: wall art and jumbo panos to buildings. My next big workshop trip is to North Dakota this fall.

I have a question on my 5Div. My cable remote stopped working two weeks ago. It works on another body but not the iv. The connection port is clean. Could some new camera setting have stopped it from functioning?

ElizabethH
Contributor

Hello! Here for more information about products. Thanks. 

DriveByShooting
Contributor

Hi I am Cathy

I have a blog that I am uploading my pictures to https://drive-byshoot.blogspot.com. My medium is primarily landsapes of Farm land, Lake Michigan, light houses and the such. My motto is photography on the fly.

I use a Canon Rebel EOS XSI

I am dabbling in doing my daughters senior pictures, which will be outdoors. I am open to any suggestions.

MaureenB
Apprentice

Hi all.

I'm Maureen. A beginner in photography, so I need all the help I can get! hahahaha

I've got a Canon 1300D. I've done a basic photography course which has taught me to actually use the settings

on my camera, instead of AUTO. I'm enjoying it and would like to learn more so I'll be scouting this forum Smiley Happy 

Have a great day further.

Zews
Contributor

I just posted a very long reply in a specific topic "Please make MP Navigator EX work with MX922", with many images to show that there is a very worthy replacement for the MP Navigator EX, and it works beautifully.

I just wanted to check it and edit it a bit and it seems to have disappeared. I am not going to post the whole thing again, I spent about an hour on it.

I am angry that my very long post explaining exactly what I did to get this seems to have disappeared. Below my name, New Contributor and Avatar image on the left is does say Posts: 2. But I cannot see my first post anymore. I am so angry about this. I thought this could really help a bunch of people.

Hello Zews!

We took a look and noticed your missing reply was flagged due to a 3rd party link. We've removed that link for you and the post is visibile now. You should be able to see it under your recent post list!

Thank you Samantha,

I did not realize that I was not allowed to post a 3rd party link. Most forums allow this, as long as you are not trying to advertise or sell anything.

In this case the lack of that link does not matter, because in the next sentence in my post I said "Although it works fine for scanning do not get this, as it is the wrong utility."

I can see the post again. I hope that all the people who complained about the absence of MP Navigator EX compatibility with the MX922 printer will be able to benefit from my post.

Hi Again Zews!

We may remove posts that can be considered promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods, or services. Your post was brought to our attention due to the nature of the link (as it was a download). For a more complete list of guidelines feel free to review this. 

I hope this helps! Thanks for your participation in the Canon Community Forum!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Name is Rick, I live in CA-Bay Area. 

39 yrs with Canon.  My first camera was an AE-1 (1978).  Had a few video cameras and point and shoots (Canon) since then.  I purchased a T6s in late 2015 and recently moved to FF 6D2.  I shoot architecture, landscapes and nature for the most part.   

There is always more to learn, and I am looking forward to sharing my enthusiast level knowledge with others.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Announcements