cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

Twilightscapes
Contributor

Ha, I posted my intro in another spot... I think this spot is better. Doh!

Nice to see you here Michael. 

Unique Night Time Photography | Twilightscapes.com

hey Wayne, my nams Alex. im from utah and recently srarted getting into the videography side of it. i do alot of photo so ive never had a problem tranfering my work, with videos on imovie on my mac it wont support it only real player. Any good pro advise on how to fix that? thank you 

Hello Twilight scapes,

I would love to see your work my night shots are terrible

show us what you think is so terrible so we can offer suggestions maybe?  I know theres a lot of GREAT photographers on here.  And also some who are in the same predicament as you, or are beginners too.  (dont expect a moderator to say anything unless its spectacular)  Id love to see what you've made too.

We ALL can benefit from someone critiquing our work or making suggestions.  Just try not to take any of it personally when they do.  (like I did at first)  Lets see what you made?  I dont have any or Id post

Hello, name's Dave.  Dusting off my Rebel T4i and 430 EXII flash since the community theater I'm in asked me to take pictures of our cast for our next production.  We used to hire a pro, but the board decided to nix the expense since I offered to do it for free.  Hoping I can pick up some tips while I'm re-familiarizing myself with the camera.

Check out CREATELIVE.com.....they offer classes that revew EVERY SETTING on EVERY camera.  (esp Canon)

The guy (John Greengo) used to work for Canon and Nat Geo and he is VERY thorough, and excellent teacher..  Its the best way I learned my new camera and it isnt so overwhelming anymore.  He makes it very easy to memorize what settings will work well in situations etc....

here is a link.  I hope this helps.  They arent real expensive, but its an investment in your future.   They do have free weekly classes (if you have time)  you just have to check the schedule.

[Mod note: Link removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

hope your shoot comes out great!  I can bet knowing your camera settings can only help you become an expert!  He also reviews ALL the flash settings, 1st curtain. 2nd curtain etc.....Good to know if your gonna use your flash to get the results you want.  He also reviews how to shoot "on stage" performances, which might come in handy....

Let us know how it all comes out.

Twilightscapes
Contributor

Hello, my name is Todd Lambert and I was invited by Canon to help launch their new online forums.

I am primarily a night photographer but I do dabble in just about anything else that catches my fancy. I love to shoot at night though, so if you have any questions or want to chat about low light photography, please hit me up.

Thanks! 

I look forward to the growth of these forums and the wealth of knowledge they will eventually contain.

- Todd

Unique Night Time Photography | Twilightscapes.com

Greetings, Tood & Michael - nice to meet you both. My name is Brian C. Weed and I'm a camerman in Los Angeles, CA - but originally from AL, Michael; roll tide! I've been shooting Canon cameras since my first GL2 and Rebel XT. I now own and shoot tons of stuff with the C300 and a suite of L series lenses. I'm a shooter for Last Call with Carson Daly on NBC (shot nearly exclusively on Canon DSLR's and C300) as well as a cinematographer and operator on several other television and feature film projects.

I'm definitely excited about a forum dedicated to enthusiasts of Canon cameras, and very much look forward to sharing experiences, questions and answers with people interested in growing their skills in the world of digital image making.

- Brian C. Weed

So nice to neet you Brain and Todd. This is super exciting for me to know there will be so many other extremely knowledgeable users on here, especially as the conversation goes under Canon's radar. Im excited to see who else shows up! 

M

Announcements