cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

Thank you very much! It worked

Thank you very much! It worked

Dugdale
Apprentice

My name is Dave Dugdale, I run a site called learningdslrvideo.com where I share my experiences of capturing video on my DSLR's.

Treilly007
Contributor

Greetings everyone,

My name is Tim Reilly and I am not a professional photographer. Actually...I am a pretty simple guy who LOVES to take pictures. I am a guy who had a desire to take good photos of my kids while they were growing up. I simply showed up to their school plays, games,field trips, etc with my camera.  I started 10 years ago with my oldest daughter and am still going strong with my youngest son...now a junior in high school. I started this little hobby as a personal need to get some good shots of my kids and it has evolved into me being the  "official/unofficial" school photographer. I started shooting with the Sony f828. I was able to get adequate shots but something was missing. When I took the plunge and got serious about quality I upgraded to Canon. Previously  I have shot with the 30D then the 50D and I have settled into the 1D mark IV. I shoot primarily with the 70-200mm L series and the 16-35mm wide angle zoom lens..L series as well. I recently purchased the 40mm pancake lens and have been happy with the performance so far. If there is 1 thing I can add to this forum it is to say that there is an unlimited source of events to photograph right under your nose...that would be at your local high schools. I have been most fortunate in my little corner of the world. I have photographed 2 state football championships as well as many state championship runs that fell short. I have had opportunities to shoot everything from weddings...not a big fan...to funerals...also not a big fan. State championships to school plays, dances,assemblys and everything inbetween. I edit 99% with Adobe lightroom4. I am a guy who loves to take pictures and I am getting better every day. I am excited to be a part of this forum with hopes of learning something from you and hopes that I may have something you can use.

kimmbeee
Apprentice

Hello everyone! 

My name is Kim, and I'm a high school student. I became fascinated with photography at a young age, because my siblings took photography courses and shared their knowledge with me. I plan to study film and photography once I get to college, and hopefully start a career in the field! 

I love Canon products. I started with a giant old Canon clunker (I don't remember the model, but it was before SD cards were used!) and was so happy to upgrade to my Canon SD400! Years went by, and I finally got my beloved Rebel T3i last year. We have become inseperable since! 

I'm an amateur photographer. The most training I have gotten is from taking art history and photography in school. I am defintely excited to be part of this community and learn from the pros!  

Kim 

www.flickr.com/photos/kimbernguyen
www.youtube.com/kimmbeee

Moose
Contributor

Greetings from Las Vegas.  I just heard about this forum from a fellow member of the P.O.T.N Canon forum ( http://photography-on-the.net/forum/ ) where I spend a lot of time.  Looking forward to participating in this one as well.

I enjoy shooting macro, but also landscapes, and family stuff.  I currently use a 40D, but am looking forward to trying a full frame soon, maybe a 5DIII.

Cheers

Tim_S
Apprentice

Hi all! I'm Tim, I've been shooting Canon since 1989 (EOS 650). I currently own three dSLR's: XTi, 50D and a 7D. My primary focus is high school sports but I shoot a little bit of everything. Looking forward to comparing notes with fellow shooters.

canonista
Apprentice
Greetings from Oregon. Glad this forum is available.
Jennifer

A Hello from the Atlantic NorthEast! I awaiting such a forum for a while, now it has arrived! Thank you Canon for creating a site for your users to talk about the art of photography and beyond!

-Kevin a Canon EOS 600D/Rebel T3i Owner. 

DennyP
Contributor

Hey Everybody ! My name is Denny and I found out about this forum on Canon's website. I have always used a Canon Point-N-Shoot (S5 Is) for all of my outdoor/ landscape photos and just moved up to my first DSLR (a T3). I hope to learn a few things on here and as I get better with the T3 share some things too !

Announcements