cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

trulandphoto
Enthusiast

Hi, I'm interested to see what this all can become. I'm thinking the interface is a bit dated and the avatar options are... People should be able to upload pics as avatars.

I'd also like to se a preview mode for posts. For ex I have no idea if the sig set up in profile will post or not and what it will look like. Same with links, embedded photos, etc.

So, is anyone headed to Photo Plus Expo? I'll be attending on Sat. 10/27 for the day. 

Edit: OK I see the preview button. Don't see the sig showing up yet. 

Edit Mark II: Sig seems messed up. Lots of work to do. Here's hoping.

-------------------------------------
http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/
http://trulandphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the feedback, trulandphoto!  We have fixed the signature issue and it is not being cut off anymore.

+1 on the picture for avatar 🙂

M

Thank you all for your great feedback!  We have now opened the avatars so you are able to upload your own. Click on the 'My Settings' link on the top of the page, and you'll notice an 'Avatars' tab.  There is now an option to 'Upload on Avatar.'

@Monica wrote:

Thank you all for your great feedback!  We have now opened the avatars so you are able to upload your own. Click on the 'My Settings' link on the top of the page, and you'll notice an 'Avatars' tab.  There is now an option to 'Upload on Avatar.'

And it works well. Thanks Monica.

-------------------------------------
http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/
http://trulandphoto.blogspot.com/

Hello,

My wife an I run Mary Powell Photography - www.marypowellphotography.com - primarily shooting real estate.

We use a pair of 5D MKIIIs and 600EX-RTs with the new radio transmitter - which is fantastic.  Our primary lenses are the 17 and 24 TSE lenses - brilliant for architecture - we hate curvey lines and keystoned shots. 🙂

We also do some portrait work using mostly the 70-200 / 2.8 IS II and 50/1.2.

We've been shooting for years - Leica and Canon mostly - moved up from Rebels and 5Ds to the current 5DIIIs - really great features for what we do.

Nice to be here - most times we manage to do pretty well reading the manuals and googling for tips, but having a Canon resource for help could be handy - I hope this is it - and I already have two questions I'll work on for posting later.

Steve
EOS 5D MKIII

Monica not sure if I have the right person. I would like the admin to change my username which is vitaminc396 as it is related to an old email I no onger have. Can it be change to Centofanti which is my last name?

Thanks,

Michae

Hi, Michae!

You can change your username and your account settings by clicking on the "My Settings" link at the top of the page. Once you get to the My Settings page, look under the "Personal" tab and then click on "Username" to change your username.

We hope this helps!

under personal i see nithing that says username?

Hi again!

We're sorry for that confusion! We went ahead and changed your user name to "Centofanti" as requested. 

Announcements