cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I switch pictures from RAW to JPEG. I have a canon 600d.

nomi
Apprentice

Even when i try via DDP ( or DPP) i always get error.

8 REPLIES 8

ScottyP
Authority
I don't use DPP but in Lightroom it happens when you Export from Lightroom to wherever you are going to save the edited image. When you export it asks what format you want the files to be, along with other choices such as what to name them, whether to shrink the file size, whether to sharpen, etc.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

scott thanks for your reply but I still don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

still don't know what how i transfer them from Raw to JPEG

Nomi, if you have photoshop, use photoshop camera raw. It will allow you to export as .jpeg

If you don't have photoshop, use canons free software that came with your camera such as canon raw codec
MY EQUIPMENT:
EOS Rebel T4i
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
(2) B+W 5.8 010 UV - Haze 1x MRC (F - PRO Series filter)
HOYA 58mm HMC Multi-Coated ND8 Filter

@Italian4215 wrote:
Nomi, if you have photoshop, use photoshop camera raw. It will allow you to export as .jpeg

If you don't have photoshop, use canons free software that came with your camera such as canon raw codec

No, NO!! Canon RAW Codec is not a photo editor! It's something entirely different and unrelated to this conversation.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Italian4215 wrote:

No, NO!! Canon RAW Codec is not a photo editor! It's something entirely different and unrelated to this conversation.

My bad, there is a canon software that comes with the camera that you can use to convert raw to jpeg, the name slipped my mind. Maybe I am thinking of the ImageBrowser? I don't remember, anyways, thanks for correcting/catching that.

MY EQUIPMENT:
EOS Rebel T4i
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
(2) B+W 5.8 010 UV - Haze 1x MRC (F - PRO Series filter)
HOYA 58mm HMC Multi-Coated ND8 Filter

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you have a RAW file selected in DPP go to File>Convert and Save and choose JPEG.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

When you have a RAW file selected in DPP go to File>Convert and Save and choose JPEG.

And if you want to convert more than one picture at a time, you can use the "Batch Process" command, which is also on the "File" menu.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements