cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon r6 Purple Bluetooth icon is missing from menu

Midwaymonstr
Contributor

My canon r6 doesn't have the Bluetooth icon in the menu section.

I also tried updating the firmware from 1.0.0 to 1.8.2 but I get "Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again" error message instead. 

15 REPLIES 15

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Midwaymonstr,

Congrats on getting the new FW loaded.  If my steps were followed, you should have reset the camera's settings (main and custom) in P or M mode before the FW upgrade.  

Do you have the camera connected to anything?  Like a USB-C connection?

Please provide more details on the wireless / bluetooth status.  Using P or M mode, what you are / are not seeing, etc.  

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 : Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connection (start.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Midwaymonstr
Contributor

I read through the manual and it doesn’t say anything about troubleshooting Bluetooth or Wifi

so basically I can’t make the Wi-Fi work or Bluetooth. I keep typing in my wifi password and then all it does it try’s to connect but times out. Dial Setting is at P as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting on page 550, the manual shows how to set up Bluetooth. Have you tried following the steps in the manual to set it up?

Stephen

If you need one-on-one help, feel free to reach out to support at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET) or Saturday from 9am to 8pm (ET). 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Midwaymonstr,

Providing accurate concise answers to our questions is important and helpful. 🙂

You haven't told us:

-If the camera is connected to something USB-C (like your computer)?

-If you performed the full reset (main and custom) settings prior to the upgrade?

The bluetooth menu option enable/disable you took an image of is a sub menu of the Wireless Communication Menu.  If you don't have that menu option, how are you getting to the Bluetooth settings page?

shadowsports_0-1692023638022.png

We look forward to your reply.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The camera is not connected to anything.

I did reset Basic stuff but not sure if I should be resetting other things?

I also went to Bluetooth, Click on Enable and nothing happens. 

the antenna icon is not on the menu. Not sure if something or a setting is preventing it from connecting to Bluetooth/ Wi-Fi 🤷🏽‍♂️

click here to view the gallery
Announcements