cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Buttons aren't working while in manual mode

JustGekon
Apprentice

Yesterday, when i was shooting i normally set shutter speed etc for shooting, but after a little shooting, when i wanted to look on my photos, the button didn't work, so i tried to open menu, but the menu didnt wanna show up. 

The problem i have is that, when i have manual mode set, i can't set shutter speed, ISO, menu isnt showing after pressing the button and some other buttons arent working as well. I can normaly shoot photos. Even if i wanna set things through LCD display, nothing happens, like the screen isnt responding after touching. The only things i can set is aperture through both wheel buttons.

When i tried to set things through mobile app, it didnt work as well. I set some number, but it switched back to where it was before. Btw, shutter speed is stuck at 1/500 and ISO is stuck on 100 and i cant move it.

Auto mode is working normally, and even menu is working, but when i wanted to reset settings, the function wasn't anywhere. I know that two or more weeks back, i fell down and the camera hit little the ground, but everything was still working normally until now.

I have Canon EOS R10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It could be any number of things. e.g. something got knocked a bit loose during the fall, and over additional time has gotten worse.

It's best not to guess though and see about scheduling a repair.  Canon will ensure everything is in working order before returning to you.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

You could try resetting the camera by selecting P (Program) mode.   It may also be possible to reset the camera when in Av or Tv modes.

Though since you mentioned the camera fell, it's probably the case that it got damaged.   So if resetting doesn't remedy the issue, call up Canon (or visit the support site from your account where you registered the camera) to schedule a repair.

--
Ricky

The menu is working only in Auto, SCN and monochrome.
But im wondering, if it got damaged, then why is it happening now, after two weeks, and not after the fall.

It could be any number of things. e.g. something got knocked a bit loose during the fall, and over additional time has gotten worse.

It's best not to guess though and see about scheduling a repair.  Canon will ensure everything is in working order before returning to you.

--
Ricky

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements