cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White and blue pixels

BrunoAwful
Contributor

Hello.

My 600d (T3i) started to show some strange pixels, at jpg format: white pixels, Large and RAW: blue Pixels.  

In the câmera lcd's screen it's also showing the pixelized image.

See the video https://youtu.be/ePOEXYo_xnM?t=27
It show how the problem peforme between the dark and light areas.

I updated to 1.0.3 firmware; reset to the factoru configuration; and disabled the noise suppresion at Fn menu.

The same occurs in movie mode. 

I asked for an authorized Canon here in Brazil, but they can't repair because the Canon doesn't offer any materials to this model. 

So, I'm here to ask for help to avaliate what kind of problem is it? Is it a cmos problem? Is it an advanced configuration?

Thank you. 

Bruno.

IMG_3248.JPGIMG_3244.JPG

12 REPLIES 12

Peter
Authority
Authority

Open a raw file in RawTherapee. Change demosaicing method to None and take a look at Bayer pattern. Some of the columns may not work as they should. The GIF file below shows how to change demosaicing method (and how to remove hot pixels, but that is not the case here).

hot-pixel-remover-rawtherapee.gif

Thank you for the answer.  

But its not the case. 
The images still show the strange pixels

Thank you

Greetings,

Have you ruled out a bad memory card.  Have you tested with another lens mounted?

Funny cause I'm not seeing whatever he's describing in the video. (unless its black text that looks blue)?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I tested with other SD cards and the same problem.
IN the video the the text is really black, but it isn't the problem

The point of this video is the noise that appears on the white area.
If I take a picture, the noise turns in thousand of white dots, or blue.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I tested with other SD cards and the same problem.
IN the video the the text is really black, but it isn't the problem

The point of this video is the noise that appears on the white area.
If I take a picture, the noise turns in thousand of white dots, or blue.

Thank you

@BrunoAwful wrote:

Thank you for the answer.  

But its not the case. 
The images still show the strange pixels

Thank you

What is not the case? Does the Bayer pattern look normal? Perhaps better you just upload the raw file.

In your top picture, it is so abstract I can't tell if anything is right or wrong. Smiley Indifferent  I see nothing wrong in the bottom picture.

Updating the FW will not help stuck or hot pixels. Besides you should never try it on a malfunctioning camera. Not even on one you suspect to be malfunctioning.

The advice to try a new SD card and the default reset is really all you can do to warrant out the camera as the fault.

BTW, you can't u/l a Raw file here. It will likely exceed the forums size limit.

If you are seeing hot or stuck pixels they are generally not a huge problem. Photoshop has a reliable filter to remove hot pixels. No biggie. Lightroom isn't as easy or good but it can remove them too.  Soemtimes you get a dual hot pixel. These give LR more trouble to remove but you can do a pretty decent job just takes a bit more input. Some hot pixels are to close to the brightness of surrounding pixels so this makes them a bigger problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Easier to see on a real screen. Not hot pixels I guess but a failing column in the Bayer pattern. Some years ago a member here posted pictures from a 70D with similar problem, but dark pixels https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Red-Grain-in-the-Under-Exposed-portions-of-the-Image-Canon-70...

Screenshot_20210714-204726.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-204745.jpg

Thank you.

In the shared post (under exposition t5 case) doesn't apply to this problem cause even I shoot under direct light, the noise will appear.

I called to a Canon assistance to send the t3i to them analise. They don't have any original piece to fix. So I ask the you what is the substitute for the t3i.

Thank you
Announcements