cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Chromatic Aberration, Diffraction, not sure?

OnShotImages
Contributor

I was noticing on a recent sports event that my R6 paired with my EF 24-105 f/4 (vello adapter) showed significant chromatic abberation (I think) -- see attached image.  The R6 settings for abberration are ON.  I've not seen this before.  Anyone experience this ?

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 3.26.16 PM.png

28 REPLIES 28

I think it is the clarity of display of histogram in DPP. LrC shows the histogram going all the way to the right at very low level.

Mousing over the edge of the shirt shows 97+% in LrC.

DPP.jpgLrC.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Are you using any lens filters?"

If you are discard it. Secondly, get a Canon adapter. But that could actually be what the camera and lens saw if it was a hot day. Heat wave rising from the rider.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

OnShotImages
Contributor

No filter although the vello adapter may be not what it was when i got it a year ago. 

Isn't the adapter a hollow cylinder? Not sure how that would affect your images.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It is, but compare the Canon adapter with the Vello adapter and how they look inside.

I took a look at all my pictures taken with the EF 24-105/4L IS USM. I found one similar to OP. Blue channel clipped in the raw file. extraced with Hraw.

Skärmbild från 2022-05-14 08-43-24.png

Skärmbild från 2022-05-14 08-47-54.png

Your raw file on the other hand doesn't have clipped highlights in the raw file at that place. I am guessing the same as jrhoffman75, blooming.

Skärmbild från 2022-05-14 15-01-44.png

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

IMHO, it is not blooming nor CA. The causes of those two are just not there. Just for fun I would get a real Canon adapter.

EB

OnShotImages
Contributor

Thanks everyone....appreciate everyone's attention to this anomaly.  I'll upgrade gear as the funds allow.

cpmyork
Apprentice

Having a similar issue with the same setup except using the canon adapter. Took it back to the camera shop, Hunts Photo, they found the same issue outside in bright sunshine. I’m going to send it to Canon to check it out along with some raw images

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would send the entire gear set to Canon.

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements