cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 Mark II lagging

SerbanMicu
Apprentice

Hey, everyone! I have an issue and I cannot get around it. I've searched for answers on the net and cannot find anything, so I turn to you wonderful people.

I connected my brand new M50 Mark II to a capture card, using the micro HDMI, and turned on OBS. All fine and good, but there is a significant lag between me and what the camera captures. Is there a way to get around this? I played around with the light source, with all I could think of, but there is still a significant lag and I cannot film. I tried to use the EOS Utility and the lag is even more significant, and I simply cannot film with it.
My cheap webcam worked perfectly when filming with it, and I really don't want to revert back to it now that I got this baby. 

I am running a win10, 32Gb Ram, 2060GPU, i9 CPU if that has any impact on this. 

Please help!

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings SerbanMicu,

Video capture cards will process the signal that is coming in from a video source and this processing time may introduce a delay between what the camera sees and what is outputted on to your computer. There may also be a delay when outputting a live HDMI video signal from the HDMI terminal of the EOS M50 Mark II camera. You may try to test a different HDMI cable to see if the delay can be minimized but the lag or delay cannot be completely eliminated.

Announcements