cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewfinder isn't matching image - skewing right Canon EOS R6

TWestgate
Apprentice

Hi! I'm having an issue where images are skewing to the right or left. Shooting with brand new Canon R6- mostly the RF 24-70 lens, but it also happened with my EF 85 while using the converter as well. Doesn't seem to happen every time, but enough that it's a problem!

I can't seem to recreate the problem at home. Any ideas on what I should do/check? I have googled, but haven't found anything helpful yet. Thank you!

including a more extreme example below:

example-1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What shooting mode are you using?  Did this issue always exist with the camera?

I recommend setting the top dial to P shooting mode, and going into the menu system and reset the camera back to factory defaults.  Next, switch the top dial to Green [A+] shooting mode.  Take a few shots outdoors on a sunny day and see if the problem still persists.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks! I'm shooting in manual. I just got the camera, so yes, it has happened on all sessions since then. I just can't seem to recreate it at home or figure out any rhyme or reason as to when it does it and when it doesn't! Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Could it be a sensor shift problem?

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello TWestgate. You mentioned it happening with the viewfinder. Does it do that when shooting with the LCD screen instead? Are you shooting RAW or JPEG? Is the camera rotated vertically in these photos? I would suggest putting the camera in A+ (Auto) mode and shooting some test shots there. If it seems to shoot fine there, then I would reset the camera as Waddizzle mentioned. With so many variables to touch on, you may want to contact our Technical Support Team at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET to further troubleshoot if this issue persists.

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

just a guess but could you be hitting the magnify button and zooming into the image and composing based off the zoomed image?  for example with the photo you posted, if you zoomed into the couple to check focus and immediately took a picture, you might have thought that you were cropped into the couple but actually composed differently.  to check for this, you can go into the settings and disable the magnifying button.  The magnifying button and AF-ON button (which many folks configure for back button focusing) are pretty close to each other so you might have hit the magnifying button first then AF-ON bit later.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements