cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Movie Mode Error

jjacobs
Apprentice

I have a new EOS 6D Mark II (firmware is up to date) that will not go into movie mode.  It did when I first bought the camera and now it will not.  I continue to get the error "This function is not available in the movie shooting mode" for any mode now that I try.  Any suggestions on how to fix?  I'd really like to use the movie shooting feature again!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start by removing the SD card and re-testing.  You can also try with the lens removed.  You will hear the mirror flip up if movie mode activates.  The LCD will be black, the message will not display if successful.  If this doesn't help.  Reset the camera's settings, including custom C modes.  This should resolve whatever setting or unintentional change which is keepng movie mode from operating.  

Please report the results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There are a couple settings that not compatible with Movie Mode or Live View.  It might be Light Flicker or something.  I do not know.  You’re going to have go through all of the menus to figure it out.  I would venture a guess that the problem is somewhere in the Red menu setting.

I suggest that you save your current camera settings to a custom mode.  Switch back to your normal Creative shooting mode, or P.  Go into the menus and find the setting that resets the camera back to factory defaults.

If that does not fix it, then you’re going to have go through all of the menus one by one, resetting menu items back to factory default.  No one can tell you what the exact setting might be.  We cannot see your camera.  It is going to take some trial and error until you find the one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements