EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antarctica Setup Advice

I’m planning a trip to Antarctica. Looking for advice that anyone who’s been there already may offer. I’m planning on taking the following: 1 R5 with battery grip; 1 R5 mk2 with battery grip; RF 24-105 f2.8; RF 100-500; RF 16 2.8.Is this enough?Shoul...

bejjet by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon service gone low quality?

I recently sent a Canon 1DX II a 70-200 2.8 and a 100-400 4-5.6 for service and repair to Canon Service but my feeling is that even though the time frame was OK, the quality of the service given is now lower than before.I can remember that previous t...

glogra by Apprentice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Defective Photo Canon 7D MII

I have about 80,000 photos on a 7D MII.  I recently got a strange photo while taking photos of dancers.  It has a horizontal black band across the top with pink coloring on the bottom and green on the top.  Any ideas on what caused this?ThanksMark 

Mark1978_0-1728067428339.jpeg
Mark1978 by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm back and jetlag is gone..

Hi everyone,  I'm back from down under with a few thousand photos, woohoo!  I posted a few while I was traveling but now I have lots of photos waiting to be processed.   It was nice of Canon to put out the firmware updates for the R6MkII and R5MkII o...

JFG by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Advice for using camera gear on the beach

So I’m going to an event this weekend called The race of gentleman. Should I expose my camera to the elements. I plan on only keeping my rf100-500 on my r6 mii and not changing the lens. Should I use a cheaper lens like my 24-105 f4 or don’t bring a ...

nehhet by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! EOS R6 Lines on the sides of photos

I am a fairly experienced EOS user but am a bit perplexed. WIth an EOS R6 and RF 24-240 lens, on many photos I get lines around the edges (see example). I am not sure why these appear, but they do not seem strictly correlated with focal length or ape...

AO7A2935-4.jpg
jr113 by Apprentice
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon R5 mk2 HDMI Output Photo-Mode

Hi allIn practice, I often shoot with clients who follow what I'm doing live on an external screen. This has proven to be incredibly useful - both in the studio and on location. With my old R5, this wasn't a problem either: I could easily transfer th...

ybn by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Moire effect on canon R8

 I have had this issue when ever i shoot any real estate videos in CLOG and in regular picture profiles i would get a really bad moire effect on siding of the house and on patterns no matter what F stop i shoot in and it’s worse when i get to F 16 i ...

image.jpg
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements