cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Rebel EOS T7 is very blurry!

Colestrinity1
Contributor

Hi there,

I put a lense on my camera then took it off and put the original lense back on then all of a sudden the picture became very blurry. I didn’t change anything from when it previously was working. AF is on and when I tap the shutter to focus it does nothing. Please help! I just bought this camera. 

26 REPLIES 26

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum

As a first step, I recommend removing the lens and putting it back on, making sure that the lens clicks into place correctly.  It is possible the lens has not quite mounted correctly, in which case the electronics for focus may not be working.

What lens are you trying to put back on?

If this works, please mark as resolved so others know it's sorted, thank you.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi Tronhard,

Thank you for replying to my message. I have taken the lens off and put it back on where it clicks. It still did the same thing. I am using a 18-55 lens. When I put the wide angle on the 18-55 lens it is clear but when I take it off the picture is super blurry. It was perfectly fine before I put the wide lens on originally. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you are using an auxiliary wide angle “lens” that screws onto the front of your Canon zoom lens. Is that correct?

If so you might have affected the focusing motor of the zoom lens.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EF-RF-Lenses/Autofocus-not-working-18-55mm-lens/td-p/138114

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, 
I was originally using just the 18-55 lens and everything was clear. I tested out the wide angle lens on top of the 18-55 lens, and it was clear too. Once I took the wide angle lens off the 18-55 lens, that’s when it became blurry. No settings were changed. I preformed the provided suggestions and still no luck.  

When your are trying to autofocus, is there any clicking or similar sound from the lens?  I asked if you had moved the autofocus ring while in AF mode, when adding or removing the add-on optic?  THIS IS IMPORTANT!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I don’t hear a clicking noise but I do see the camera trying to focus. On the auto setting, I can’t ever take a picture. There could have been a possibility that when I put on the extra lense I may have twisted the auto focus ring. 

If you did then your symptoms make sense.  The version of the lens you have must not have the manual focus ring moved unless in MF mode.  If it is moved, the drive mechanism gets out of sync, and although it is trying to focus, it is no longer aligned properly so will not do so.

I understand there is a fix for this, but as I don't use that version of the lens I don't have it to hand  So I shall leave it to my esteemed colleagues to provide those details.  In the meantime, I suggest you do not manipulate the lens in any way, be patient and we may be able to get this sorted for you without having to get a service tech to do it.

cheers, TREVOR

Thank you Tronhard, I appreciate it! 

JH posted a link to the fix. Click it and then follow the instructions. Afterwards throw that add-on WA “lens “ in the trash. 
good luck

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements