cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T8i Display Screen Not Working

Casswm
Contributor

I just got this camera yesterday, December 24,  2022. It was a Christmas gift, and it is my first camera. The night I got home, I started setting things up, including charging the battery a bit. While the battery was charging, I read the manual. After the battery was charged, I started to take some pics, though they wouldn’t save due to not having an SD card. I figured out how to do everything overall with the camera. The battery wasn’t fully charged when I was messing around with it, so I put it on the charger and went to bed. I wake up morning of December 25, 2022. I turn on my camera because I got a new lense, the display does not turn on. I tried everything including taking the battery out and seeing if it needs charged, but it’s fully charged. I cannot see my display screen, the camera is on, it will focus and I can hear the sound of taking pictures. If I take a picture then I press the display I hear a little noise that sounds when you are selecting something, but that is all. I cannot see my screen, nor see the pictures I take of anything. Everything else works fine it’s just the screen. I don’t get what this issue would be, because I haven’t even had this camera for 24 hours.

13 REPLIES 13

Casswm,

I just watched a little video:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=no+display+on+my+Canon+camera&t=samsung&pn=1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=http...

I did a Google search for,  No display on a Canon camera.

1) Turn your camera on and leave it on

2) Take the SD card out

3) Take your battery out

4) Put your battery back in

5) Put in a different (new) SD card

Botttom line is that your old SD card is causing a short.

Steve Thomas

No display

The OP said they didn't have an SD card in the camera when it happened. 

-Demetrius

Happy Holidays

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired), EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Casswm
Contributor

**UPDATE**
While I was still messing with my camera, I was sitting in the light. I looked closely and realized that the brighter the light shining on the screen, the more of the screen I can see. So I checked out the screen with my flashlight, and I can see everything on the display. Everything works as normal, but the thing is, the brightness won’t change. I changed the display brightness to as high as it can go, but nothing seems to change.

It sounds like the backlight in your LCD is not working correctly.

-Demetrius

Happy Holidays

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired), EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements