cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Battery Only Shows 50% Charge

ciderhouse_
Contributor

I got a camera three days ago. I charged the battery overnight and until about 3 pm the next day. I put the battery in the camera and turned it on and it shows two bars or 50%. I talked to somebody in canon and they told me that I should return the camera and have it exchanged. I said if I do that then I'm gonna get another camera and it will do the same thing. I have an older camera that does the same thing, with the battery at 2 bars. I went to clean the older camera and before the cleaning was done the battery was beeping and showed it was low. Somebody at canon told me that the batteries are on backorder for these cameras. The seller told me that canon ships the batteries at 50% and there was a charger for it. I would like to know what type of compatible batteries this would take because my boyfriend said to just keep it and get a battery from canon in a few months as they are on back order. At this point I'm unsure on what to do with it as it is my early Xmas present cause my other camera has no repair service if it needs to be fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

To add to John's helpful post, don't be put off by the reverse of black and white in the image, it's just because it was printed in the manual.  I have taken a photo from one of my cameras of the display for a partially depleted battery

OTG50002 copy.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

Ok if that the case then I like to find out why I can't clean my canon EOS rebel t5 camera without the battery going low and beeping before its done cleaning

What process do you mean by cleaning.  What are you trying to clean precisely?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

 cleaning is on the settings on the back of the camera

20221002_145014.jpg

@ciderhouse_ wrote:

Ok if that the case then I like to find out why I can't clean my canon EOS rebel t5 camera without the battery going low and beeping before its done cleaning

Beeping?  That does not sound right, not at all.  

What sort of cleaning are you doing?  Why does your camera even need cleaning?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Exactly... If you have not been using it to any degree, why are you cleaning it?

Do you have your manual, and have you referred to it about the battery display, and if and when it might need cleaning?  That should be your first port of call before doing anything else.

cheers, TREVOR

I have been using it. 

Yes it needs to clean the sensor cause there are spots on my pictures

20221002_145014.jpg

Did you check the documentation on the procedure for doing this? You should note that is a big drain on the battery each time you attempt it.

cheers, TREVOR

@ciderhouse_ wrote:

Yes it needs to clean the sensor cause there are spots on my pictures

20221002_145014.jpg

Again.  What are you doing to the camera?  

What method(s) and cleaning tools are you using to clean the sensor?  If you see spots on your images, then the only tool you should need would be an air blower, similar to this one.

01A710EB-6673-40B0-8161-662D057219CF.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

No answer here is more than a guess until more info is offered. Way, way more info. There is no way Canon would know how long a camera will sit on a shelf before sale, or how long it will take to ship.  So, I doubt a 50% charge is a fact. Canon brand batteries will fully charge in way less time than you tried. Typically an hour or two.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements