cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel SL3 How to bypass Scene Intelligent Auto screen at startup

Godzilla
Contributor

Stupid newbie question...startup screen

New SL3. Upon "power on" I get a screen entitled "Scene Intelligent Auto". I'd prefer to have the ability to immediately begin shooting without having to get out of that screen. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

March411
Rising Star

Glad we got it figured out. I checked my 90D, first time it's been in Auto and it does the same thing. It might just be a Canon standard to help people starting out.

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I think you are correct. Kind of surprising that after Canon has done so much to increase shooting speed that the opportunity of a quick snap shot is hindered by the camera not ready at power on, especially in AUTO mode. No biggie I guess. 

Thank you all for your replies and help!

March411
Rising Star

Glad we got it figured out. I checked my 90D, first time it's been in Auto and it does the same thing. It might just be a Canon standard to help people starting out.

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Announcements