cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel SL3 How to bypass Scene Intelligent Auto screen at startup

Godzilla
Contributor

Stupid newbie question...startup screen

New SL3. Upon "power on" I get a screen entitled "Scene Intelligent Auto". I'd prefer to have the ability to immediately begin shooting without having to get out of that screen. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

March411
Rising Star

Glad we got it figured out. I checked my 90D, first time it's been in Auto and it does the same thing. It might just be a Canon standard to help people starting out.

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

March411
Rising Star

I am doing this from memory but go into your menu and scroll over to the camera/person menu (green) it's after the wrench. You should see Shooting screen, set that to standard, Menu display, set that to standard and mode guide and feature guide, I believe if you disable those you will get the results you are looking for.....again, strictly from memory. 

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
My Online Gallery

Thanks for the help, but it didn't change the screen I get on startup.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Godzilla wrote:

New SL3. Upon "power on" I get a screen entitled "Scene Intelligent Auto". I'd prefer to have the ability to immediately begin shooting without having to get out of that screen. Is that possible?

I'm sure you've found it by now thanks to March411's advice, but to further explain, by default a lot of Canon cameras are set to "Guided" which will show help screens all along the way through various settings. You can change this to "Standard" in the menu described by March411. To see the options available, please start at page 51 of the Advanced Users Guide.

Newton

Thanks for the help, but it didn't change the screen I get on startup

Why does it prevent you from shooting?

If you press the shutter half-way it should dismiss it.

Do you want to shoot with the viewfinder or live view? If live view you *always* have to press a button to activate it.

Maybe it should, as you say, but it doesn't.

Thanks for your reply!

I just tried it last night on my T6S. And in green square mode you get this screen:

Untitled.jpg

This is simply the control screen for this simplified mode. The camera is ready to take a picture via the viewfinder.

If you want live view, you have to press a button, but you *always* have to press a button to switch to live view.

If you don't want this screen at startup, switch to P mode.

I guess I've gotten too used to a screen, rather than a viewfinder! You are correct! When I power on, and then look through the viewfinder, I'm able to immediately shoot.

Thank you for your help!

March411
Rising Star

Are you turning on your camera in Auto mode? When you go into Auto I believe you will always get that screen.

Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
My Online Gallery

Announcements