cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II dials stop working when using custom video modes

Igorsky
Apprentice

I'm having an issue with my Canon R5 Mark II. When I set up video settings using one of the custom modes, the dials stop working. However, if I switch to manual mode, everything functions perfectly, and the dials also work fine in photo mode. The problem only occurs when I'm in custom modes for video. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you please help us understand what you are trying to do exactly?

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R5 Mark II : Custom Functions/My Menu (start.canon)

Custom functions for video mode?  Please elaborate.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I can't answer the question, but I think the OP may be referring to Custom Modes C1, C2, C3 which can be configured for still or movie shooting.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

The camera dials work perfectly fine  In photo mode. When I switch to video mode and I go to manual mode “M” The dials also work without any issues. However, if I switch to any of the custom modes “C1-C3”  The dials do not work and I’m unable to change Shutter speed / Aperture or ISO. I’m hoping this is just a software glitch and it will be fixed by the firmware.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

YouTube content creator Ordinary Filmmaker has reported similar issues. He’s expecting a firmware update soon. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements