cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D main dial not working

lsglass
Apprentice

Out of the blue, I can no longer use the main dial to change the aperature or the iso.  I am using AV mode.  I have reset to default and removed and replaced the battery.  I can change the aperature in Q.

5 REPLIES 5

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Isglass,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your camera. 

Let's check to see if the dial has been customized to another feature. You can check this in the orange camera menu under [C.Fn III:Operation/Others]. Look for [C.Fn III-3: Custom Controls].Resetting camera settings does not affect this. You would need to press the trashcan button from this page to reset these things to default settings. If this is not the case, then the camera may need to be serviced. 

Thank you.  I did try that later, and it didn't work.  I finally found the place to chat with a technician at the Canon website, and he said to send it in.  It's still under warranty, but I had to pay for shipping!

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Have you by any chance moved the lock switch on the back of the camera to ON?  That will lock a bunch of controls. See #18 on the diagram:

Tronhard_0-1723864022872.png

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you, that's the first thing I checked.

Fair enough, worth a try though! 😊

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements