Did you mean: 

Compare EOS Rebel T8i to EOS 850D

whitneyraybaker
Apprentice

Hi

Is a rebel T8I the same as a Eos 850d ?

9 REPLIES 9

Yes.

EOS 850D in Europe, EOS Rebel T8i in the Americas, and EOS Kiss X10i in Japan.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Yes, the cameras are functionally very similar, but not 100% identical electronically.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, the cameras are functionally very similar, but not 100% identical electronically.”

I believe they differ in name only. Can you point out how they are not 100% identical electronically?

Mike Sowsun

What most people really need to worry about is gray market products. If you purchase a product not intended for your market (where you live), Canon in your country/region may not (is not obligated) to repair your camera. Here in the USA, this is especially true since our cameras are Rebels, and the product in most of the rest of the world are EOS 850D. If you own an 850D and need warranty work, our facility will not repair an 850D, because they do not have the parts to repair it 100%. If the body needs any physical alterations (either damaged before or during repair), our team can't replace it.

See canon.us/graymarket for more info.

I have seen some smaller differences in the menu, but that is probably due to software.

@MikeSowsunwrote:

Yes, the cameras are functionally very similar, but not 100% identical electronically.”

I believe they differ in name only. Can you point out how they are not 100% identical electronically?

Battery chargers use different plugs. Not all countries use the same band of frequencies for public Wi-Fi, or even allow Wi-Fi.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

6D N and 6D W/G seem to be the same. 6D N is, what I have seen, limited by software.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Yes. When using service software you are able to change that.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Is a rebel T8I the same as a Eos 850d ?"

The question becomes, why? It always makes more sense to buy the product, a camera in this instance, designed for the region or country where you live. There are differences of that there is no doubt. Canon is way more forgiving than most companies in this issue. More so than Nikon for sure. But why put them that situation where they have to decide whether they can make the customer, not theirs, happy. Especially when it was not their product. Especially when the proper product is available?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements