cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in naming images taken from SD CARd Why? What does it meant? going from QN7A2063 to _N7A3850

iris
Enthusiast

_N7a3850  from Qn7a2063    I'm confused as to why when I go to copy my images from my SD card to my Cloud or Harddrive location the initial naming profile of the files has changed from QN7A2063  for a prior shoot using the same SD CARD   to _N7A3850 as the beginning numbering for files in a separate shoot using the same SD CARd....What's going on?  Do I need to be concerned...?  Everything seems to work when going to PS and BR  whether working on either ? 

But what happened? I've never seen this before? usualy when you do another shoot using the same card it just continues the naming system with the different shoot...I locate by date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iris
Enthusiast
You ARE RIGHT ON..I don't know when I thought it a good idea to change that sRGB setting to the Adobe RGB but you are correct .WHen I went into my settings,
and change back all of my images read as QN as before....THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, iris!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny, I have a Canon 7D Mark ii:

I've had it about 3 years and all of the images always have shown up as QN7A2063    or with the QN prefix...I checked the menu in my camera and it is still showing that the QN format has been selected...and the only other format offered is  _img...the SD card is a 32GB 90mb/s purchased from B&H....Now I have recently deleted files and formatted the card again ....  AS I say ...there seems to be no change in how the card performs or how it interacts with Ps or Br....my husband insists I not throw it our since it was an expensive card..but I'm concerned and feel better safe than sorry...but it could be something simple...

Tim
Authority

Hello Iris, 

The color space on your camera may have been changed from sRGB to Adobe RGB.  For normal images sRGB is recommended over Adobe RGB.  If the captured image was shot in the Adobe RGB color space, the first character in the filename will be an underscore "_". 

Go into the Menu, under the Camera II Menu and select Color Space then pick sRGB and press Set them exit the Menu.  This should reflect in the file names as well starting with the image taken after the change.  Adobe RGB is used mainly for commercial printing/ industrial uses.  This setting is not recommended if unless you are versed in image processing, Adobe RGB and Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 (EXIF 2.21).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

iris
Enthusiast
You ARE RIGHT ON..I don't know when I thought it a good idea to change that sRGB setting to the Adobe RGB but you are correct .WHen I went into my settings,
and change back all of my images read as QN as before....THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER!!
Announcements