cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D suddenly shows "FULL" on internal display and "No more shot is available" on the Windows app

JonAdams
Apprentice

I have had this camera since I purchased it new in 2019. It has been a solid performer that the past 4 years.

I have a number of 32 GB SanDisk Ultra and Samsung high speed cards. Never an issue. I format the cards in the camera using the low-level format function. I used the default naming convention, which is IMGnnnn, and have over the years wrapped through 9999 images a time or two. I've checked the SD cards on my PC, and they all report (when fresh-formatted) that there's nearly 32 GB available. I can write files on the PC to the cards, so they're not misbehaving with the PC.

I tried a few different things to see if I'd just misconfigured something, but so far nothing I've done suggests an issue.

I've searched the forum for any other mentions of this type of issue, but the only thing I found was from 2014 and the user seemed to be using a terribly undersized SD card. This is not my situation.

Any ideas? I'd hate to send it in just for this!

Cheers - Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Glad you've found a workaround.

In terms of menus, some options are only available when in a creative mode (e.g. Program - P).  If the camera is in Auto mode, various menus will be hidden.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite

First, try resetting the camera back to default settings.

Beyond a lens, do you have anything else attached to the camera? If so, remove those items and see if the camera will then properly capture images and save to the card.

Beyond that, probably need to send in the camera to Canon for service.

--
Ricky

Hi Ricky -

Thank you for the fast response!

Nothing other than the stock lens is attached. In terms of resetting the camera to factory, the manual shows that function on sheet 4 of the "wrench" settings menu, but in my camera on that sheet there is only "Multifunction Lock" feature.

However, I seem to have found a potential cause: the camera has always connected wirelessly to my home network, and it continues to do so and allows me to do remote shooting and file saving. That has worked for years. But just today this misbehavior began and, if the Canon app (EOS Utility) is active, the camera shows the "FuLL" warning. If I hard close the EOS Utility app, the camera behaves properly. 

I have a stop-gap solution, but would like to understand how to properly reset the camera, and why my internal menus do not seem to jibe with the manual. 

Cheers - Jon

Glad you've found a workaround.

In terms of menus, some options are only available when in a creative mode (e.g. Program - P).  If the camera is in Auto mode, various menus will be hidden.

--
Ricky

Thanks again for the assistance, Ricky!

I am baffled as to why this isn't working when the app is running. The issue occurs ONLY when the destination folder is my network attached storage, which is how it's been configured for years. I purchased a new much more modern NAS recently, but I've been able to save images to the new NAS without issue until this morning. This is weird.

Cheers and thanks again! Jon

Jon,

In your EOS Utility, do you have it set to Auto download?

Just thinking out loud,  but that may have something to do with it.

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve -

Interesting. I have not modified my home setup recently, save the change from one NAS (drive z:) to another NAS (drive y:). As far as I remember, it has not followed the NAS change. In fact, today, this morning, I set the destination directory to the c:/my pictures directory (no networking mumbo-jumbo) and when I tried to shoot a number of photos of the house and the catz, the camera briefly showed "FuLL" but then worked. If I shut down the windows app before powering up the camera, and joining the home net, i have no issues. And there's been no updates to the Canon app in a loooong time.

Now that I have a fix, I'll stick with it. I wish I had a smoking gun, tho.

Cheers - Jon

Announcements