cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Distortion Correction not available for RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM?

Natechenry
Enthusiast

IMG_8046.jpeg

I have the 18-45mm kit lens on my eos r10 and trying to prevent distortion in photos i take at wide angles and in the “Lens aberration correction” tab it says “distortion correction not available for attached lens” even though my kit lens came with the camera. Is this normal? is there a way to make it available? 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on my research.  This is what I found.  This lens has substantial barrel distortion at the wider end of its focal length range (18mm). The distortion is strong enough that Canon forces correction in the camera.  Correction is enabled automatically.  This is why the setting is not selectable.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Makes sense! The wide angle end is awful with distortion and the vinetting. You might know the answer to this too but am i not able to correct the images in raw? I have to shoot in JPEG then upload those JPEG files to DPP?

Canon corrects distortion automatically in DPP4 for some lenses. For example RF16/2.8 STM, RF24-240 and what it seems like, the lens you are using.

If you want to check the raw file without distortion correction you will need to use third-party software.

Announcements