cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon lost my camera!!!

GustavoRemor
Contributor

So i send my 6D mkll to the factory servise due a problem whith the sensor, the canon said is a warranty case, great!
I not living in US so i put a andress of the fishisfast, to hold my package until the date I'd be in the country July 9-20.
But the guy who entered the address in Canon service, put the wrong number and send to FEDEX! The right number would be 15, and he put 75!
According to Fedex the package was delivered on June 30, I waited to receive an email from fishisfast, and it never happened, on July 6 I emailed them asking about my package and they informed me that it never arrived.
So I sent an email to canon asking for the delivery address and I saw the error that THEY committed, a wrong number, I answered the email showing the mistake, I attached the repair request form (where the address was in the first place)

[image removed due to visible personal information] 

They sent me to another department, which took a week to respond: ''Fedex investigated this delivery and the camera was delivered to the correct address and signed for.'' Then I replied that the mistake was not fedex, I explained all this to him , and now it's been 2 days and no answer, Friday I'm leaving the country, without my camera. Thank you canon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 1 would be ambigious if it were not for the zip code line.  There you have a 1 and a 7 from the same "author" in the same 5 digit number so it should have been clear to the data entry person at Canon that it is a #1 in the first part of the address.

We tend to use minimally paid (often outsourced) postions for this type of corporate work and generally built into the expected cost savings is the coverage of errors that occur.

Good luck on getting this resolved.

Rodger  

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Danny

Hi, Gustavo!

Thanks for posting on our forum. We can certainly understand your frustration and we can see how there may have been a misunderstanding regarding the numbers in your contact information due to how the numerals 1 and 7 are written in different parts of the world.

We recommend that you contact our telephone support team for more immediate assistance. You can reach them at 1-866-510-1335 weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET.

We look forward to your call!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

We all feel for your loss. Regardless of where it went, if someone signed for it, its gone.  I hope you purchased insurance.  A replcement is all you can hope for now.  Hope you'll have a speedy resolution.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Regardless of where it went, if someone signed for it ..."

Who signed for it?  If it was not a Canon agent Canon is not responsible if it was they are.  Seems easy enough.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Regardless of where it went, if someone signed for it ..."

Who signed for it?  If it was not a Canon agent Canon is not responsible if it was they are.  Seems easy enough.

I think it's the other way around. According to the OP's narrative, Canon misdirected the shipment via FedEx, who allowed the wrong recipient to sign. If Canon had correctly shipped it via Fishbone(?), I think the OP's claim would be against the shipper. As it is, I think the OP has a claim against Canon and possibly FedEx. (Only a lawyer could say for sure, and I'm not one.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"...who allowed the wrong recipient to sign."

OK fine but who signed for it?  It still seems simple enough.  Fedex knows where they took it and they know who signed for it (return delivery?).  If the addy they recieved was a valid one, they did their job.

"If it was not a Canon agent (that screwed it up whether signing or addressing) Canon is not responsible if it was they are."

I was not very clear with my that question!  Still seems simple to me.

EB

The image that I had the mods delete might have explained things. It appears that the OP used the European style 1 (with a long tail on the front) that someone at Canon saw as a seven.

So Fed-Ex got the wrong address, and some lucky person got a free camera since you are under no obligation to return stuff that comes to you by accident.

So the OP wrote an ambiguous address, Canon made the wrong guess and Fed-Ex shipped it where they were told to.

I have no idea where the fault lies here.

"So the OP wrote an ambiguous address, Canon made the wrong guess and Fed-Ex shipped it where they were told to."

That is the way I see it too.  Someone needs to go to "75" and ask for it back but, like said, they are not required to do anything. 

EB

GustavoRemor
Contributor

I will clarify some points, the zip code had 2 numbers 7, which make clear what is a 7 or 1, (my 7 has a dash in the middle)

Who entered the return address made a mistake, after fixed, the canon sent through fedex to the wrong place, to number 75 on the same street.

Canon is now dealing with the fedex, and fedex is looking for who signed, no news yet 

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving, hope they return my camera 😞

GustavoRemor
Contributor

"So the OP wrote an ambiguous address, Canon made the wrong guess and Fed-Ex shipped it where they were told to."

I'll let you decide if it's ambiguous or not:

IMG_1100_2018-07-20_10.30.40.jpg

Announcements