cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 Touchscreen Not Working

Tove1
Contributor

I cant use my lcd screen on my new R6. I try to touch it to change focus or settings, but it do not respond. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, definitely do the reset and see how you go.  If you deliberately already made changes you may inadvertently have locked something out.  Let's see how that goes and let me know.

If you consider one of the posts to have helped you to get things sorted, and don't want to keep getting posts, please select the appropriate post as a resolution.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have two R6 units so I hope I can help.  First, have you been through the menu system and configured the LCD screen for using touch operation?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I think your right, Trevor. I missed the meaning of the OP... My bad.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I have this camera lock button on the left corner of my screen, but I am not able to unlock the lock button. And I cant find the setting to change it😔

Go into the menu system, using the menu button beside the LCD screen, to bring up the menu system.
Once in there tap the Q button to move from one group to another.
Within a group, use the joystick to move between menu sets.

I don't know if you have experience with cameras before, but they do not work like cell phones, they have a different interface.  If you aren't sure, use the manual to follow - it has all the information you are asking for.  You can download a PDF copy of that from the Canon support site via this link 

If you prefer, there is a host of videos on You Tube to give an overview of the camera and set-up, you can find the list here.

cheers, TREVOR

I have had canon cameras for years, my last camera was 90D. I have used the LCD screen on my 90 D without any problems. I got my R6 yesterday and my LCD screen is not working. I have been looking into the manual, but no help, I have searched online and been on YouTube trying to figure out how to make it work. This forum was my last attempt to get help 😔 

OK, thanks for explaining the context.  That helps as we don't know you or  your experience. 🙂

What I would suggest is going through the menu and doing a factory reset to see if something, somewhere is making life difficult for you.  That's always a good place to start from to trouble shoot and then we can all start from a common base.

If you complete that OK, try the screen again and if not try setting the touch screen options in the menu as referenced.  If you can't get it to work, and you are in the US, you can call 1-800-OK-CANON to talk to the tech support folks.

cheers, TREVOR

I was thinking of resetting my camera to factory settings, as my last option.  But just wanted to make sure there was nothing else I could do that I had missed out on. Yes, I am in US:-))

Thank You:-))

OK, definitely do the reset and see how you go.  If you deliberately already made changes you may inadvertently have locked something out.  Let's see how that goes and let me know.

If you consider one of the posts to have helped you to get things sorted, and don't want to keep getting posts, please select the appropriate post as a resolution.

cheers, TREVOR

I did the reset and nothing changed. I think the screen is not working at all. I will return the camera. 

Thank you:-))

Announcements