cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D Upgrade Suggestions

shaw621
Apprentice

I have had a Cannon 7D for many years and am thinking about upgrading to a newer Cannon.  What would be recommended as the best?

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:

It would help to have a lot more information than what camera you had.   Without doubt my fellow members will descend on this like piranhas and you will get a heap of responses suggesting you get one of the these:  and they may be appropriate, but we need to know far more to be sure...

Canon EOS 90D - the last DSLR model in the APS-C line, it will let you use your legacy lenses
Canon EOS R7 - the new mirrorless APS-C camera, offering a host of new features that you can research yourself, but offers the ability to use legacy APS-C lenses via the EF-RF adapter.
Canon EOS R10 - if economy is critical then this is a scaled down version of the R7.

All this is very well, but there are a lot of things we don't know that are not connected to spouting out a shopping list - starting with budget, for example! 

Can I suggest you look at and consider the following post in this site.  If you want to get the best bang for your buck then this is important.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What kind of photography do you do most?  Sports, wildlife, vlogging, landscapes, etc.???

You'll need to share your budget with us.  Also is you have any lenses you plan to use with a new Camera?

The 7D became available in 2009.  Photography has come a long way.  I personally would buy mirrorless at this stage, but we can't even start to make recommendations until you answer the questions above.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements