cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon CPS Inventory Reduced

digiquisitive
Enthusiast

Has anyone else had their CPS equipment inventory drastically reduced by Canon, resulting in no longer qualifying for the existing membership level?  All of a sudden, my inventory seems backdated by years, only showing less than half of the points I actually have in equipment. They say I have to re-enter it.  Has Canon installed new CPS software within the last 6 months?  I don't even recognize any of the former screens.  And what is "Canon SSO?"  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

Canon USA and support site went through a refresh in this past year.  I've had to resubmit my hardware again into the support site.  A lot of things have changed in last 2 years if you don't log in very often.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

While I don't qualify for CPS (not a professional image maker), I just checked the points of my equipment and it's the same as it's always been (I've checked these values over the past couple years).   When I logged in today, it had all the same equipment that I had registered to my main Canon account.

SSO could mean lots of things, but it's related to accounts and logging, it may refer to Single Sign On.  Where you can sign in once to a set of related web sites and services and then not have to sign in to other related places.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

Canon USA and support site went through a refresh in this past year.  I've had to resubmit my hardware again into the support site.  A lot of things have changed in last 2 years if you don't log in very often.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You posting sent me to check my CPS page.

All equipment was there, but it said I needed to renew. I knew I had renewed in October 2021, so I sent a message to Support - this was about 5PM EST on a Saturday. Around 7PM I received a response acknowledging the error and saying it was being corrected.

For any folks reading this posting - this is a user supported forum. Just folks helping folks with Canon equipment issues. Certain items need to communicated to Canon directly. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements