cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 77D Bluetooth Connection problem

Sabbir
Apprentice
I used my old phone to connect my camera.
But now i have new one i lost my old one.
But now it won't connect to my phone.
I reset all the settings.
When i pairing camera don't showing any notification about pairing request..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Try this article from the Canon knowledge base to see if it helps:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART167809

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Try this article from the Canon knowledge base to see if it helps:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART167809

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Sabbir
Apprentice
In the article number 15. Step not happening..
Camera don't show any option for successful pair.
But for the 1st time pair.
It work normally.

msttsm
Apprentice

Same here, step 15 is a Pairing Failed message.  It suggested removing the old pairing, which I did on the previous attempt, still won’t pair.  iOS version 16.1.1, CCC version 3.0.1.21 (Build 1331), 77D FW 1.1.0

Hi msttsm,

Since resetting the camera wifi and having the phone forget the pairing didn't resolve the issue the next thing we would recommend trying would be connecting the camera and phone directly through wifi. The steps to do that are:

1) First first make sure the Canon Camera Connect app is fully closed on your phone. It shouldn't be opened until later in the connection setup.

2) On the camera press the wifi button and select Connect to Smartphone.

3) Next choose Register a Device to Connect To and then choose Do Not Display.

4) Now the camera should be showing an SSID and an Password. Leave that screen on the camera.

5) On your smartphone pull up nearby wifi networks, you'll see one that matches the SSID listed on the camera. Select that and when it asks for a password enter the Password listed on the back of the camera.

6) Once the phone is on the network open the Canon Camera Connect app. When you do it will show a prompt that it has detected a new camera.

7) In the prompt select the name of the camera and now on the back of the camera it will ask if you want to connect to the smart phone. Select Okay and the connection will be established.

Announcements