EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! Canon 80D : 24-70 f2.8 vs 24-105 f4

Hi, I'm a mostly event photographer, currently I work at an independent high school school in their marketing department doing a lot of their events, videos, etc. It's a lot of running around and good amount of low-light shots in their theater. I rec...

dinorowan by Apprentice
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick tip on Manual Focus and STM Lenses

I saw this video of a quick tip on STM lenses and focusing.  This issue must confuse lots of people, and even the presenter says "Review this before contacting support" so I thought I'd share here. The author states "When manually focusing with STM l...

DanSF by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Light Video

Hi everyone, beginner here.I have a 5d mark ii, with one lens so far a Canon 'nifty fifty' 50mm 1.8I want to try shooting a music video at night time. What lens should I get? Which lenses are best for low light?Locations will be lit with streetlight,...

Where to find Geletine filter for 200-400 F4 lens

I bought a canon 200-400 f4 that comes with a geletine filter holder.   However Canon does not sell this filter, nor can I find one  elsewhere.   I bought an IRIX ND geletine filter set, but these do not fit the shape and size of the holder.    Someo...

lawrence by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this Sigma 28-80mm lens compatible with my camera?

Hey Everyone, I picked up a Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 ii Mini Zoom Macro Aspherical Lens at an estate sale for next to nothing.On the box it says "For Canon AF (including ELAN 7, EOS 30, EOS 7) It fit fine on my Canon T4i and actually took a few decent ...

lost focus

I have a 3 month old EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM that will not focus on either autofocus or manual. When you use auto you can hear lens try to focus and then gets to a point and it looks like you are looking through crystal. Manual ens up same way. Th...

chief by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

18-55mm lense trouble

I have a Canon Eos Rebel T6 that I literally just got today. I'm trying tofigure it all out and admitelly should have read the instructions first. So what I did was put my 18-55mm lense on, correctly I might add. I took a few shots that way just to g...

Developing Focus Delay/Failure 300mm f/4 L IS

This lens is very sharp, but is progressively refusing to start focusinig until I "kick start" it by manually rotating the focusing ring to an approximate focus point, then it will wake up and start focusing correctly.  Happens infrequently, but incr...

Quick tip on Manual Focus and STM Lenses

(I posted this in general discussion forum but thought I'd cross-post it here) I saw this video of a quick tip on STM lenses and focusing.  This issue must confuse lots of people, and even the presenter says "Review this before contacting support" so...

DanSF by Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Lens Focus Creep

Hi, I am using the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Lens on a non-SLR camera in manual mode (no electrical connection).  In this application we set the zoom and focus on the lens and then leave it.  What we are seeing is that the lens drifts out of focus...

svc490 by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS I vs II

I've owned the 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS I for close to 10 years with the predominant use case of shooting sports on a 7D Mark I.  I'm now moving to college sports and am working on generally trying to "raise my game" a few notches along the way.   I bough...

Resolved! EXTENDER 2X-II OR 2X-III?

Anyone have educated and/or experiential information relative to how much better the MarkIII EF 2X extender is than the MarkII?  Why did Canon redesign it (if they did)?  Will be coupled with EF 300mm f/4 L IS and a 7D Mark II -- maybe sometimes with...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements