cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble registering RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM

inButte
Apprentice

I cannot register my RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM as it doesn't come up as I type it in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Emoto
Apprentice

It works now. I just registered mine.  Note that they return two options to the search - one is the refurbished one, so make sure to choose correctly. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings inButte,

Per review, the RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens has not yet been loaded into our product registration database. Our website engineers have been informed of this issue and we would suggest to attempt to register your lens at a later time. In the meantime, we recommend to please hold on to your Proof of Purchase in case the lens was purchased directly from Canon USA or from an authorized Canon dealer.

Is there a ticket open on this or anything we can track externally?  I just got the same lens and found this post after also failing to register it. Of course, I will save my receipt and whatnot, but I like to register my lenses right away. Thanks!

I'm with you regarding registering.  I also tried to register the RF16mm F2.8 lens yesterday and had the same issue. I found the same reply for that lens not being in the system, to another poster maybe 2 months ago. I logged out then logged back in and was able to register that lens. So, I'm hoping that no more than 2 months and the 100-500 will be in the system - maybe sooner!

I was able to register my 100mm Macro without issue, as well as my camera and the lens it came with, so this kind of surprised me. I like Canon products a lot, but this is pretty ridiculous. From the perspective of having had a job where some of what I did was maintain part of a large international company's web site, adding the ability to register a lens when all of that functionality already exists on the site is pretty easy. 

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

They must be doing a redesign because I registered my RF 100-500mm L months ago.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

That kind of makes it worse, LOL.  It means incomplete testing after changes at the very least, unless of course Canon USA does not want anyone to register a 100-50, which seems unlikely. 

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Emoto,

We understand your concern and we do want customers to be able to register their lenses. The website is going through a major update this week. I double checked and the RF 100-500mm lens currently isn't coming up in the list. As FloridaDrafter mentioned the RF 100-500mm lens was in the product registration list prior to the update and will be added back to the list when the update is complete. At this time there isn't an ETA on when the update will be complete.

MiltPhoto
Apprentice

8/18/22 Also cannot register at this time. In addition, it still does not show up on CarePak as well.  Will the registration period be extended as you only have 90 days to purchase/activate CarePak.  

Hi! Our CarePAK support team will be glad to answer your questions. You can call them at 1-833-CAREPAK (1-833-227-3725) or you can email them at carepakplus@cits.canon.com

Hope this helps!

Announcements