cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble registering RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM

inButte
Apprentice

I cannot register my RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM as it doesn't come up as I type it in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Emoto
Apprentice

It works now. I just registered mine.  Note that they return two options to the search - one is the refurbished one, so make sure to choose correctly. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is such an insignificant and minor inconvenience.  Just be patient.  Canon will not nullify your warranty or Care-Pak status. In a short time, those who own this lens will be able to register and activate their Care-Paks.  In the mean time focus on something important like staying healthy.  Enjoy your cameras and summer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Completely disagree.  One still cannot register 0.71 EF to RF mount adapters.  First tried in April of this year after I picked up mine.  Canon needs to step up their game and provide a way to register all products.  Should be as simple as adding another database entry; no more difficult than adding products to their databases for the main product pages and support pages.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Emoto
Apprentice

It works now. I just registered mine.  Note that they return two options to the search - one is the refurbished one, so make sure to choose correctly. 

Announcements