cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless printers in a continuous power cycle

ladyinred
Contributor

So it doesn't seem like there has been any input from Canon about this problem they caused with our wireless printers stuck in a power cycle loop.  Seems there are a couple of work-arounds, but no fixes.  I ended up hooking up mine to the computer with USB cable, which makes it no longer able to take print requests from any wireless devices.  But since my printer is no longer connected to my home network and to the internet, if Canon does send a fix, I won't get it.  I was wondering it this is a localized problem?  If it is only with certain internet providers?  Is it nationwide?  Worldwide?  I'm in Georgia with Comcast as my internet provider.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Sharpmrs
Contributor

I'm in Vermont with Comcast/Xfinity. It seems pretty clear Canon pushed out some sort of buggy update that caused this. So frustrating! 

tarawmcginn
Apprentice

Mississippi and we have a local internet provider. Same problem.

marm
Enthusiast

This is a widespread problem—-it is posted in this forum in several places….all of us are looking to see some response from canon- but so far crickets!!  I found nowhere on their website to post anything…..BUT….I did find a FACEBOOK page-one other person had posted something-but no reply — I just posted…… suggest more people post a complaint on facebook in this page and maybe someone will actually answer it…..here is screen print of what i posted…..102DB416-EC41-4809-BB09-FB103A94D346.png

Msw
Apprentice

I have charter.  Also an MB2320.  I followed the fix from “EASY FIX if your printer won't turn on” and it worked.  Was able to print from wireless device ( my phone). 

marm
Enthusiast

UPDATE RE CANON’S RESPONSE TO FACEBOOK POSTS

A few people responded/commented on the post I put on the USA CANON page on FB yesterday…..the ONLY RESPONSE from. CANON however has been the REMOVE several of the comments….  

The comments removed were respectful in my view- (one was my reply to one of the comments-my original comment is still there at this moment) -people indicated the problems they had and how they had tried to get help and resolve their issues…nothing awful or rude)

I guess we will never know how many people tried to get help on social media had the requests were simply erased

very disappointed in Canon, to say the least

Maw1
Contributor

I am in Pittsbugh Pa and it also affected my printer.

GOWOKEGOBROKE
Contributor

Las Vegas - Cox Communications

Canon Maxify MB2320

Printer started power cycling when Canon screwed everyone else this past weekend.  I took the DNS "Fix" and instead of doing all of the steps I only....

1. Unplugged the printer
  2. Unplugged the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)
  3. Plugged in the printer, it turned on by itself, cycled and finally brought me to the menu without shutting off
  4. Plugged the modem ethernet back into the router
  5. Test printed from the PC, worked
  6. Test print from mobile, worked
  7. So far, so good

Printer bought in 02.2015 and have never installed a firmware update and whatever Canon did this weekend, it still affected mine

Danny

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

Danny- we see the note that says ‘solution’……BUT the Canon website says that this update MAY   allow users to use the printer again - not “WILL” —- and I am seeing lots of postings from people saying they installed the ‘fix’ and they still have the problem —-

Can we get some explanation of what was messed up and what this firmware change is doing that will make the printers work again?  How is the firmware different from the “workaround” that some of us have used while waiting for the ‘real fix’?  I am a little uneasy about installing a firmware change that so many are saying is not working - especially since firmware changes usually can’t be reversed — 

Danny, after doing the firmware update on my MB 2320, it shows all my color ink needs replacing.  They were new ink (genuine Canon) so I know they are ok.  So now what?  Do I spend $42.95 on ink that may or may not work?  This whole fiasco from Canon has been quite a circus.  People were being told by Canon support that they need a new printer or pay $20 for help.  I called support and after being on hold almost 2 hours, the fix was to hook the printer up with a USB cable, which worked and the color ink was fine.  Now after the firmware update the printer indicates the color ink is empty.  How about making things right for everyone that hasn't switched to a new HP or Brother printer?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements