cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless printers in a continuous power cycle

ladyinred
Contributor

So it doesn't seem like there has been any input from Canon about this problem they caused with our wireless printers stuck in a power cycle loop.  Seems there are a couple of work-arounds, but no fixes.  I ended up hooking up mine to the computer with USB cable, which makes it no longer able to take print requests from any wireless devices.  But since my printer is no longer connected to my home network and to the internet, if Canon does send a fix, I won't get it.  I was wondering it this is a localized problem?  If it is only with certain internet providers?  Is it nationwide?  Worldwide?  I'm in Georgia with Comcast as my internet provider.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

are you on a windows system?

I am not able to apply the firmware update as it says "The printer cannot be found" Now what? I have it connected to one of my usb portsScreenshot 2022-06-06 123453.jpg

Danny, I am getting the message that my printer cannot be found. It is connected to my laptop through a usb cable and I can see it in my printers list. Now what?Screenshot 2022-06-06 123453.jpg

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements