cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless printers in a continuous power cycle

ladyinred
Contributor

So it doesn't seem like there has been any input from Canon about this problem they caused with our wireless printers stuck in a power cycle loop.  Seems there are a couple of work-arounds, but no fixes.  I ended up hooking up mine to the computer with USB cable, which makes it no longer able to take print requests from any wireless devices.  But since my printer is no longer connected to my home network and to the internet, if Canon does send a fix, I won't get it.  I was wondering it this is a localized problem?  If it is only with certain internet providers?  Is it nationwide?  Worldwide?  I'm in Georgia with Comcast as my internet provider.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

RickCNC
Apprentice

I'm in Georgia and T-Mobile is my internet provider. Looks like it's not region specific.

Maryland and Fios - same problem.

Yuval
Contributor

GBois
Contributor

Thanks for commenting about this on multiple threads. My friend was banned from the Canon Community earlier today for urging Canon's Arthur J to provide some updates instead of offering nothingburger "fixes." Go figure!

I also was banned from one page, weird because I only mention to Arthur J that calling support was pointless

GBois
Contributor

The silence from Canon is deafening 🤖

One2beeluved
Contributor

I'll probably get that too by saying something is Shady. 

Cherileed
Contributor

I’m in South Carolina with Spectrum.

Cllaurie
Apprentice

California, AT&T, same problem

Announcements