cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma ix6820 - margins keep printing

babydoc
Apprentice

I have had my pixma 6820 for about two years. While I have generally been satisfied with the quality of the printer, I have continued to have a problem with margins printing on my products, even when I set it to have NO margins. For example, I just printed a 5x7 card...choose a custom setting of 5x7 with 0 in all the margin settings. It still prints with the an off-set on the left. If I choose the borderless factory setting, it only works if my image truly goes to the edge of the paper...otherwise, it STILL has a left offset - always! It's incredibly frustrating. What can I do???? I have ended up creating my art work offset, just so I can get it to print more in the center. Is something just off with my printer? Please help!

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't have your printer or the manual for it, but most printers have the same basic properties.

Printers have a built-in allowable print area with prescribed margins. here is what exists for my printer (Pro-100).

Screenshot 2022-05-09 160107.jpg

When you select Borderless printing the printer driver expands the image so that it covers the whole page. You can fine tune the degree of extension so that it just covers the page.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 160230.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements