cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iX6820 Wont Print Black from Acrobat and Word only

JMASTERJ
Contributor

So something weird.... Black text documents wont print from PDF in Acrobat and Word docs, as if there is some "type" problem? I say this because black from Photoshop of the SAME PDF prints 100% fine. ONLY from Acrobat and Word they dont print, or is very fuzzy or light.  So obviously not an ink or cartridge or nozzle or ANY HARDWARE issue. This result has been performed countless times so far, there is zero variable in results.

Is there a way to clear this up, or a hard reset of the printer or firmware update etc? I couldnt find anything in an online search.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JMASTERJ
Contributor

Ok so I cleaned the head one more time with hot water, there was still some black ink in there somewhere I saw... and I decided to open another new ink pack, and lo' and behold, it works now... I guess u have to be really patient and clean that things for a long time unless u have one of those hose things that can flush it right through with pressure... and I guess the ink cartridge also dried up a bit from no flow again so it seems all good now....

Glad it worked since this is a good printer and hate to throw it out just because of such a minor issue...

Thanks all you, for your patience and help.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you run a nozzle check?  The printer uses four inks for photo printing and has a separate black pigment ink cartridge for text.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I dont think u read my post

And for good measure I did it anyways but as stated this is clearly not a hardware problem

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What about other software, like Excel or printing an email?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Excel and notepad, same thing, its pretty much so far, ANY text based printing, there has be something in the software that determines this?  Text/font/type vs image based printing?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JMASTERJ,

Please print another Nozzle Check and compare it to the example below.

Does your Nozzle Check have the PGBK section at the top, like the example below does?

Does the Nozzle Check also print the BK section at the bottom?

iX6820 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Only shows CCCMMMYBK

No PGBK

Ink status shows ALL ink are at least 60%

Does this tell us something?

Print head is clogged. It is a hardware problem. You need to try deep cleaning. Maybe the printer driver gives an option to only clean the PGBK channel. If so that would save the other inks from being used. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Its a hardware problem but it prints fine from Photoshop? So that means PGBK is an exclusive "pure text" only format, and they never cross over to each other?

Ran deep cleaning on PGBK only 3 times, not even a glimmer on the pattern check of PGBK working

FYI I did replace both blacks when this happened weeks ago.

Is there a manual way to confirm and take care of this problem properly

Yes. As I said in my first post text uses the pigment black and Ps uses the dye inks. 

If three deep cleanings didn’t clear the blockage you have two options ad I see it. You can buy a new print head or try cleaning your head using info you can find on YouTube. I have never had to do that, so I have no direct experience. But many folks do and claim success. Basically I say you have nothing to lose. Not that Canon does not endorse that approach. I am not affiliated with Canon. If I had a clogged print head I would try that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements