cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9521C is printing very lightly

kblagrandeur
Apprentice

My Pixma TS9521C is printing very lightly (about 60% of the value) from my MAC (OS Catalina). I have tried every setting and wasted a lot of time and money on photo paper trying to get this corrected. It shouldn't be this hard. Tried calling support, but I keep getting an error that I don't have an account, which I do. 

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that the correct media type is being selected.  This should help with the overall print quality.  Visit the following link for details on how to adjust the settings on a Mac:

Printing from a Mac

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, media type is correct, and I've tried them all

Hi kblagrandeaur,

Please print a test page:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS9500%20series/EN/UG/ug-133.html

Does the black grid at the top of the page print darkly?

Nozzle Check

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, the test prints ok. If I print a photo on 5x5, the image is fine; if I print the same image on 12x12 (not borderless), it's significantly lighter.

Me too! I specifically bought this printer so i could print on 12 x 12 borderless. 

Furfect14
Apprentice

I am having the same issues. I have purchased a new computer for work, never thinking that Canon would not be compatible with Mac, but here I am! I am furious! Why do they not provide updated drivers and color management? 

Announcements