cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8620 operation panel

rms59
Apprentice

The printer only operates with the operation panel pulled up until it's horizontal which really bugs me to no end and I'm still thinking of returning it for that reason. On the bottom of the panel there is a small plastic lever which operates a small switch that changes state depending on the position of the panel. When the panel is down the switch is in state 'A' and when it's up (horizontal) the switch is in state 'B'.

What would happen if I prevented the switch from changing to state 'A'. Would the printer still work? The reason I ask is that I would have to modify with a Xacto knife.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rms59,

You are correct, the operation panel must be opened in order to print with your PIXMA TR8620.

Making modifications to switches inside of the PIXMA TR8620 is not supported.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

debmae2021
Apprentice

i am trying to set up a new tr8620. I keep getting support code 1240.  How do i open the Operation panel? Where is it? I need a visual HELP

It isn’t intuitively obvious.  I don’t like this feature.  Like my prior Canon MX922 Better. 

debmae2021
Apprentice

I actually figured out my problem by reading about the horizontal issue.  Thanks

Announcements